Class XI and XII is an integrated course. Students need to take only those subjects in class XI which he/she intends to continue in CLASS-XII
Scheme of Studies – Senior School Certificate Examination for academic session Class XI 2019-20 and Class XII 2020-2021
Important Instructions for Students, Teacher and School Administration:-
Can a student select Hindi and English simultaneously at the same time in class XI and XII?
- Hindi or English must be one of the two languages to be studied in class XI and XII. Hindi and English can also be offered simultaneously. In Hindi and English two courses have been provided for class XI and XII keeping in view the varying backgrounds of the students and a student may either opt for Hindi Elective (Code 002) or Hindi Core (Code 302) and English Elective (Code-001) or English Core (Code -301). However, same language cannot be offered both at Core and Elective levels.
Following combinations cannot be taken together; Subject Combination Cautions
- Physics (Code 042) and Applied Physics (Code 838) cannot be taken together
- Chemistry (Code 043) and Applied Chemistry (Code 839) cannot be taken together
- Mathematics (Code 041) and Applied Mathematics (Code 840) cannot be taken together
- Out of five Computer Science/IT related subjects i.e. Informatics Practice (Code 265) old course, Informatics Practice (Code 065) new course, Computer Science (Code 283) old course, Computer Science (Code 083) new course, Information Technology (Code 802) a candidate can only opt for one subject.
- Business Studies (Code 054) and Business Administration (Code 833) cannot be taken together
- Accountancy (Code 055) and Cost Accounting (Code 823) cannot be taken together
What happens if a student passes in all 6 subjects including 1 additional subject?
- For candidates who take 6 subjects (5 main and 1 additional subject) and pass in all 6 subjects, the percentage is to be calculated by the employer/institution/university according to the norms of employer/institution/university in which the candidate will be seeking admission.
What happens If a student has taken 6 subjects, and if he/she fails in any one of first five subjects?
- If a student has taken 6 subjects, and if he/she fails in any one of first five subjects, the same will be replaced by the 6th subject provided the candidate satisfies the scheme of studies viz. after replacement either Hindi or English remains one of the main five subjects.
What happens if candidates who select 5/6 subjects in Class XI and may want to change/ add/delete the subject(s) in Class XII due to academic reasons/medical reasons?
- Candidates who select 5/6 subjects in Class XI and may want to change/ add/delete the subject(s) in Class XII due to academic reasons/medical reasons, have the provision of changing/adding/deleting subjects when in Class XII. However, all such requests should be taken by the schools referred to the concerned Regional Office of CBSE by the respective school before 31st August of that academic year. The schools are expected to ensure the correctness of the subjects offered by the students and the subjects being taught in the school. The data uploaded for each candidate should be accurate in all respects.
- Only those subjects can be offered by the school to the students for which approval of CBSE has been taken.
- For details please refer to Curriculum available on the website www.cbse.nic.in
- Board is extending several exemptions/concessions to candidates with disabilities as defined in the “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016”. In this context, Notification No. CBSE/Coord/112233/2019 dated 12.04.2019 issued by the Board, may please be referred to.
CBSE/Reg/112510/2019 8th August 2019