Life is a constant decisiveness. Decision making is a natural phenomenon. Each moment, one has to decide. This natural phenomenon occurs from taking minor decision; when to awake, what to wear, what to eat, what to drink, what to say, when to start, to major decision i.e. Which career, whom to marry, daring to accept or reject an offer/a challenge, business deal etc? Decision making is a state of mind to choose one between two alternatives or to choose one among many alternatives. Man’s state of mind is always at the verge of flux. We live in a state of dilemma, “to be or not to be”.
A wise human being weighs every possible action and reaction before taking a final decision. A decision is an amalgam of intuition and rational perception. Extreme of two divergent points lead to confusion, chaos and rational emptiness. Integration of intuition and rational perception lead to a sensible decisive point and is resulted into a firm decision. Decision making is a process. In fact, it is a thought process. It is a skill. Decision making is an essential life skill. Life skill can be learnt to live an integrated life.
Educator counts student’s reluctant and aggressive nature as against norms of discipline. Educator thinks that weak students do not want to study. On the other side, since, weak students do not create self interest in study; they do not want to perform academic activities. It creates a big void between educators’ and students’ perception. Both stakeholders perceive this phenomenon on two different layers. Student weak academic performance is not result of a day, a month and so one. Somewhere, we could not identify the real difficulties. It becomes nature of student to show reluctant nature to read, write and learn something.
Academically weak students’ activities at school:- Weak student performs all activities with interest except study related activity
1. May not come to school on regular basis
2. May not follow teacher’s instruction properly
3. May not copy writing work from blackboard/green board
4. May write very slow
5. May take extra time to complete an assignment
6. Filthy handwriting on notebooks
7. May keep head and shoulder down in the class
8. May unable to keep eye contact with teacher
9. May leave notebooks/books at home
10. May show reluctant behaviour in oral activity
11. May good in oral but not willing to write
12. May be very introvert to take participate in other activity
13. May give various excuses for incompletion of notebooks and homework
14. May involve in indiscipline activities
15. May show decent behaviour; however weak in academic work
16. May be weak in academic but posses’ unique quality i.e. good singer, good in art and craft, sportsmanship, help others on various occasion or handling electronic gadgets smartly/efficiently (smart mobile phone/television)
A vigilant educator keeps keen eyes on each student. Academically challenged students may possess unique characteristic. Since, s/he has also poor self image and low self esteem; we should care his interest on priority basis. Our a little care and personal attention can bring massive a massive learning behavioural change.
Nobody is inferior and nobody is superior, one is just oneself. Educator identifies inherent capacity of students. He nurtures the inherent talent to become more efficient and more skilled; to do something more innovative, more expressive, more novel for the welfare of the universe. Educator nurtures everyone in the class. He tries to include something more to enhance the learning aptitude and attitude of the students.
Teaching is a great art. The artist portraits beautiful portrait, that amazes world for a long time. Artist portraits beautiful nature and develops an eternal beauty forever and even also brings life in a stone. Educationist is the artist who develops each individual as an integrated human being. Educator nurtures the nature of each individual.
Teaching is a great art. The artist portraits beautiful portrait that amazes world for a long time. Artist portraits beautiful nature and develops an eternal beauty forever and even also brings life in a stone. Educationist is the artist who develops each individual as an integrated human being. Educator nurtures the nature of each individual.