Teaching is an art. Rajeev Ranjan
Duties and Responsibilities of a School Teacher
The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery…….Mark Van Doren
The teachers’ entire personality is a reflection on the minds of the students. If the teacher is honest, leads a balanced and disciplined life, the children adopt these virtues as an ideal conduct unconsciously.
Duties of Teacher in—————–
- Detailing every student
- Build one to one relationship with students
- Know everything about your students’ i.e. family background, learning habits, merits and demerits, special qualities(physical skills, language skills, emotional skills, social skills, cognitive skills and spiritual skills )
- Make students aware of realities of life
- Inspire students to face problems with braveness
- Aware them how to behave with strangers
- Teaching Techniques
- Provide important information in both oral and written formats
- Keep instructions brief and uncomplicated. Repeat them word to word
- Announce the dates of examination/tests well in advance
- When teaching a lesson ;state objective of lesson, review previous lesson and summarize periodically
- Use more than one way to demonstrate or explain information
- Use school digital board. Correlate/Associate textbook content/information with the best material audio/video/you tube. Online material must be relevant to age/class/subject
- Prepare topic worksheet/holiday worksheet in own subject which is supervised and checked by the Principal
- Keeping records of Unit Test/Class Test/Saturday Test/Internal Examination
- Keeping records of students’ extracurricular activity (Various competitions i.e. dance, song, drawing and painting, debate and speech, sports and games etc )
- Checking Student’s diary on daily basis
- Keeping his/her copy of books of subject/subjects he/she teaches for each class from store
- Correcting Exercise book/Notebook of each student regularly and according to school guidelines
- Reach classroom on time(note more than 3 minutes)during changing over period
- Zero Periods: – Work on your own way of English Speaking. Provide enough practice for each student to speak in English. More focus will be given to academic challenged student(weak student)
- Lesson Plan: – Prepare your lesson/topic plan well in advanced. Teacher has to carry lesson/topic plan in each class. (Compulsory). Submit your lesson plan on Saturday without fail. Feel free to prepare lesson/topic plan in advance according to your convenience. Divide a big lesson into different main topics and prepare lesson plan ahead.
- Remedial Period:- Ensure proper seating arrangement for the weak students near by the teacher (i)Help weak students (ii) teach weak student like a tuition teacher (iii)ensure equal level of learning for one and all
Other Essential Duties
- Participating in the co-curricular and extracurricular activities in the school
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of school events and functions (Inter house Competitions, Inter- school competitions, concerts, plays, prize day, etc)
- Undertake professional duties and organizational tasks as reasonable delegated by the principal
Non Academic Responsibility
- Ensure that electric fans/bulbs are not on if the students are not in the class or before leaving any classroom
- Ensure that classroom is neat and clean if not then inform concern person to do it
- Ensure that the classroom items like chalks, duster, charts etc. must be written in demand register placed on reception counter in at least one week advance
- Ensure that students are maintaining discipline during going to water point/washroom/playground/returning to class/ eating in mess/maintain silence
- Ensure that your suggestion for improvement of academic and non-academic environment of school must be written in teacher’s suggestion register placed on reception counter.
- School rules :-
(1) Kindly avoid carrying mobile phone in the classroom. Keep your mobile at safe place. School will not be responsible for lose/steal/damage of mobile
(2) Please avoid notebook correction in the classroom. It is strictly prohibited; however you may check/review given class work for a while (according to teacher need)
(3) Teacher will send only one student at a time for washroom/drinking water/other task (along with out pass)
(4) Teacher will join assembly on daily basis.
(5) Kindly keep your stationary or articles/belongings at safe place.
- Physical punishment is strictly prohibited in school campus/classroom. Kindly avoid it. In case of incompleteness of home work/class work/, kindly write notice in the diary. If it is repeated, immediately bring the case into principal’ notice.
- Student’s Leave Application: – Collect leave application from absent student duly signed by parent/guardian and maintain its record. (Duty of Class teacher)
- Teacher’s Leave Application: – Kindly take prior permission of CL or Leave on school leave register.
- Teacher’s School Uniform: – Wear school uniform and identity card on regular basis.
- Personal Care
- Always wear school uniform prescribed by management
- Always wear employee I Card
- Always wear helmet if you ride motorbike and always carry your driving license.
- We wish a fruitful stays at school. We firmly believe that you will contribute your 100% whole heartedly for the growth of organization. We are looking forward for your cooperation for the growth of your professionalism itself as well as for the organization.