Duties and Responsibilities of a School Teacher
The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery…….Mark Van Doren
The teachers’ entire personality is a reflection on the minds of the students. If the teacher is honest, leads a balanced and disciplined life, the children adopt these virtues as an ideal conduct unconsciously.
Duties of Teacher in—————–
- Detailing every student
- Build one to one relationship with students
- Know everything about your students’ i.e. family background, learning habits, merits and demerits, special qualities(physical skills, language skills, emotional skills, social skills, cognitive skills and spiritual skills )
- Make students aware of realities of life
- Inspire students to face problems with braveness
- Aware them how to behave with strangers
- Teaching Techniques
- Provide important information in both oral and written formats
- Keep instructions brief and uncomplicated. Repeat them word to word
- Announce the dates of examination/tests well in advance
- When teaching a lesson ;state objective of lesson, review previous lesson and summarize periodically
- Use more than one way to demonstrate or explain information
- Use school digital board. Correlate/Associate textbook content/information with the best material audio/video/you tube. Online material must be relevant to age/class/subject
- Prepare topic worksheet/holiday worksheet in own subject which is supervised and checked by the Principal
- Keeping records of Unit Test/Class Test/Saturday Test/Internal Examination
- Keeping records of students’ extracurricular activity (Various competitions i.e. dance, song, drawing and painting, debate and speech, sports and games etc )
- Checking Student’s diary on daily basis
- Keeping his/her copy of books of subject/subjects he/she teaches for each class from store
- Correcting Exercise book/Notebook of each student regularly and according to school guidelines
- Reach classroom on time(note more than 3 minutes)during changing over period
- Zero Periods: – Work on your own way of English Speaking. Provide enough practice for each student to speak in English. More focus will be given to academic challenged student(weak student)
- Lesson Plan: – Prepare your lesson/topic plan well in advanced. Teacher has to carry lesson/topic plan in each class. (Compulsory). Submit your lesson plan on Saturday without fail. Feel free to prepare lesson/topic plan in advance according to your convenience. Divide a big lesson into different main topics and prepare lesson plan ahead.
- Remedial Period:- Ensure proper seating arrangement for the weak students near by the teacher (i)Help weak students (ii) teach weak student like a tuition teacher (iii)ensure equal level of learning for one and all
Other Essential Duties
- Participating in the co-curricular and extracurricular activities in the school
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of school events and functions (Inter house Competitions, Inter- school competitions, concerts, plays, prize day, etc)
- Undertake professional duties and organizational tasks as reasonable delegated by the principal
Non Academic Responsibility
- Ensure that electric fans/bulbs are not on if the students are not in the class or before leaving any classroom
- Ensure that classroom is neat and clean if not then inform concern person to do it
- Ensure that the classroom items like chalks, duster, charts etc. must be written in demand register placed on reception counter in at least one week advance
- Ensure that students are maintaining discipline during going to water point/washroom/playground/returning to class/ eating in mess/maintain silence
- Ensure that your suggestion for improvement of academic and non-academic environment of school must be written in teacher’s suggestion register placed on reception counter.
- School rules :-
(1) Kindly avoid carrying mobile phone in the classroom. Keep your mobile at safe place. School will not be responsible for lose/steal/damage of mobile
(2) Please avoid notebook correction in the classroom. It is strictly prohibited; however you may check/review given class work for a while (according to teacher need)
(3) Teacher will send only one student at a time for washroom/drinking water/other task (along with out pass)
(4) Teacher will join assembly on daily basis.
(5) Kindly keep your stationary or articles/belongings at safe place.
- Physical punishment is strictly prohibited in school campus/classroom. Kindly avoid it. In case of incompleteness of home work/class work/, kindly write notice in the diary. If it is repeated, immediately bring the case into principal’ notice.
- Student’s Leave Application: – Collect leave application from absent student duly signed by parent/guardian and maintain its record. (Duty of Class teacher)
- Teacher’s Leave Application: – Kindly take prior permission of CL or Leave on school leave register.
- Teacher’s School Uniform: – Wear school uniform and identity card on regular basis.
- Personal Care
- Always wear school uniform prescribed by management
- Always wear employee I Card
- Always wear helmet if you ride motorbike and always carry your driving license.
- We wish a fruitful stays at school. We firmly believe that you will contribute your 100% whole heartedly for the growth of organization. We are looking forward for your cooperation for the growth of your professionalism itself as well as for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities of a School Teacher rajeev ranjan
Duties and Responsibilities of an Examination in Charge
Teacher’s classroom observation format
Weak Students Teacher Makes a Difference-Effective Teaching Techniques
Project Based Learning-Importance and Benefits in Pedagogical Perspectives
Checklist for Maintaining Discipline in the Classroom and School for Teacher
Notebook correction checklist for school teacher
Student Misbehaviour- Being Humane without being Judgmental
Teachers’ Skill Test
How to Promote Skill Based Teaching
Dear Teachers Time:-15 Minutes
Teachers conduct several activities in the classroom for promoting different life skills among students. Teachers give instructions for completing the tasks. These are designed tasks for you from all core subjects. You have to read the questions and decide that which skills will be developed through this activity i.e. creativity, explorative, problem solving etc—-.
More than one skill can be developed through one particular question, so mention all probable skills—————————–
Read the questions carefully. Which skills will be developed through this question? Teacher needs to identify different skills. First do yourself —check your answer on 2nd page………..
- Write ten lines on “If I were a bird”.——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
- Draw increasing/decreasing shapes of the moon.————————————————————————————————————————————————-
- What happens if (a) there is no fire (b) there is no wheel ————————————————————————————————————————————–
- Prepare a list of 10 activities where you have to take help from others. ———————————————————————————————————————
- Write correct sentences from these incorrect sentences —————————————————————————————————————————————-
- Creating Dialogues, taking clues from the chapter” How the Dog Find in New Master” creates dialogues between man and dog, when the dogs meet him. ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
- Angle formation :- Take circle cut outs , fold them and make crease to make following angles (90 degree), (45 deg), (60Deg), (180Deg) —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
- Whole Numbers: Cartoon Making (Interdisciplinary activity of fine arts). Take A-4 size coloured sheet. Make Cartoon of first 10 numbers. (i.e. Yellow-Smallest Number, Red-Greatest Number )——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
- Components of Food:- Activity( Staying Healthy and Cheaper Way)-Search internet/any other source and find out easily available local cheaper alternative food items that could be included in diet to make it whole some and easily affordable. Eg. Expensive dry fruits and nuts can be replaced by groundnuts and chestnuts. Task 2.-Make displayed cards on coloured sheet and put them on class boards. Task 3- Values based – inform your maid, sweeper and other helping hands about these foods that keeps you healthy. ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
- Ashoka the Emperor who gave up war, Activity (Designing a national symbol for India), Material Required (A4 Size Sheets), 1. students to design a national symbols for their country India. They will write also slogans under it. 2. Look at the lion symbols and explains what the original symbols had and why?——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
Teachers’ Skill Test
- A, vicharatmak bhavaabhivyakti, writing skill
- Creative skill and thinking skill
- Thinking skill/ Logical Skill
- Attentiveness/ Intellectual (baudhhik ) Expertise /Listing Skill
- Grammatical knowledge/Language Skill
- Creative writing , thinking skill, imagination , originality, Vocabulary enhancement, Life Skills(Empathy)
- Creativity, Imagination, Logical Thinking
- Creativity, Logical Reasoning, Problem Solving
- I Observation, understanding, discovery, Identify, inquisitiveness , Expression , awareness, Recognise, problem solving , creativity
- Discover, Critical thinking, cultural value, social thinking , artistic value
Life Skills (UNESCO)
English Language Teaching Objective and Learning Outcome at Elementary Stage
Learning Outcomes at Elementary Stage
English language teacher will adopt integrated language teaching approach. We will focus on developing different language skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing) and integrated grammar. The National Curriculum Framework (NCF 2005) provides the framework for developing curriculum and syllabus, textbooks and teaching practices within the school education programmes in India. English teacher should focuses on developing LSRW skills in the classroom. They should focus on developing different language skills and teach integrated English Grammar for developing language accuracy and fluency among students.
Learning should be an enjoyable act where children should feel that they are valued and their voices are heard. The curriculum structure and school should be designed to make school a satisfactory place for students to feel secure and valued. The curriculum should focus on the holistic development of the students. (National Curriculum Framework- 2005) Students should learn following things in an academic year. Primary level is crucial stage for learning. Student learns language very fast in this stage. Teacher should cover all necessary skills for the holistic development of a child. Our objective of teaching English as Second Language will be fulfilled only when Indian students of any corner of country should at least know basic LSRW skills and fundamental grammatical topics according to age group. NCF 2005 discussed the objective of teaching English, “English does not stand alone. The aim of English teaching is the creation of multilinguals who can enrich all our languages; this has been an abiding national vision.” (NCF,2005)
From Class 1st to 6th –English Language Teaching Objective as well as Learning outcome during an academic session
- Acquire the skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing and thinking in an integrated manner.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills.
- Attains basic proficiency like. Developing ability to express one’s thoughts orally and in writing in a meaningful way in English language.
- Able to interpret/understand instructions and polite forms of expression & respond meaningfully both orally & in writing.
- Develops reference skills both printed & electronic mode.
- Acquire varied range of vocabulary; understand increased complexity of sentence structures both in reading and writing.
- Able to express an awareness of social and environmental issues.
- Ability to read & interpret critically the texts in different contexts-both verbal (including Braille) & pictorial mode.
English Language Teaching Objective and Learning outcome at Elementary Stage