The Uttar Pradesh Self Financed Independent School (Fixation of Fees) Ordinance -2018
An “ORDINANCE” to provide for fixation of fees in self-financed independent schools in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
Excerpt & Summary
Important Points to Remember
Uttar Pradesh Self Financed Independent School (Fixation of Fees) Ordinance -2018 Pdf
It is applicable for the state of Uttar Pradesh. It applied to all Self –financed Independent Schools of Pre-primary, Primary, Upper Primary, High School and Intermediate Colleges granted recognition/affiliation by boards defined under clause (d) of section 2 by Uttar Pradesh Basic Shiksha Parishad, Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Council of Secondary Education (ICSE), International Baccalaureate (IB) and International General Certificate of Secondary Education(IGCSE), or any other Board notified by the Government from time to time in which total payable possible fee of any student is more than Rupees Twenty Thousand Per Annum. It shall also be applicable to Minority Institutions recognized/affiliated by any of the said board. It shall not be applicable to independent Pre-Primary Schools.
Chapter II of Ordinance discusses rules and regulation in details under the title “Admission to Schools and Fees. Fixation of Fees under section 4.1 and 4.2 discusses most crucial aspect of this ordinance i.e. “Procedure of Fixing School Fees” under different categories which has been briefly mentioned in below paragraph under the title Fixation of Fees.
Fixation of Fee:-
- 1 –Permitted fee increase for existing students- A recognized school may revise its fee annually for its existing students by itself for each grade/class/level of school equivalent to average percentage per capita increase of monthly salary of teaching staff of previous year provided fee increase shall not exceed latest available yearly percentage increase in consumer price index +five percent of the feerealized from the student.
2- Permitted fee fixation for new student:- The school shall be free to determine its fee for the new students for any class/grade/level seeking fresh admissions, in a particular academic year subject to guidelines, if any , notified by the government. Increase in fee for subsequent years for these students shall be in accordance with sub-section (1)
Admission and School Fees
Procedure of collecting fees in a school shall be open, transparent and accountable.
The fees to be charged shall be classified as: – Possible Fees Components
- Prospectus and Registration Fees: – It shall be payable only at the time of registration by the students.
- Admission Fees: – At the first time of new admission to the school.
- Examination Fees: – For conducting different examinations in the school.
- Composite Annual Fees:– Single head annual recurring fee payable each year, provided that , upon commencement of this Ordinance, any recognized school charging recurring fee under different heads, shall, from the ensuring academic year, be required to club all such heads into a single head recurring fee as provided.
- Optional Fees Component: Various fee payable for optional activities and facilities provided by the school, including:-
- Mess or dining
- Any other similar activities
- Refundable Charge-Security money/caution money shall be returned to the students on clearing all applicable dues at the time of leaving the school by the student.
- Security money/caution money will be refunded with interest for the duration of the deposit with the school, at prevalent rate of SBI saving account.
- Security money/caution money shall be refunded by the school within thirty days from the issuing date of transfer certificate through e-payment.
- Head of the school principal/manager/chairperson of recognized school shall file with the appropriate authority, a full statement of the fees to be levied by such school for one academic year before the commencement of new session.
- School will upload statement of fees on its websites sixty days prior to commencement of each academic year.
- School shall collect fees on monthly, or quarterly, or half yearly installments. School will not collect fees on annual basis.
- School will not increase fees without prior approval of the appropriate authority
- School will not charge capitation fee.
- School will issue “receipt” for every fee or charge levied on the student
- No students shall be compelled to purchase books, shoes, socks and uniform etc from a particular shop.
- School Uniform: – School dress shall not be changed by the school within five consecutive academic years.
- All Self –financed Independent Schools of Pre-primary, Primary, Upper Primary, High School and Intermediate Colleges recognized/affiliated by different boards
The Divisional Fee Regulatory Committee shall impose fine Rupees 1 lac for the first time violation of the Uttar Pradesh Self Financed Independent School (Fixation of Fees) Ordinance -2018, 2nd time fine will be 5 lacs and violation of ordinance in 3rd time may lead to de-affiliation of organization/institutes. Self –financed independent schools need to display all essential information on school websites for ensuring open, transparent and accountable system for the students, parents and appropriate Government officials.