Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) New Delhi
CBSE AFFILIATION INSPECTION COMMITTEE MEMBERS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws is most important documents for further proceeding for CBSE Affiliation. The principal and the school manager should read “CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws” thoroughly before going for the CBSE affiliation process. CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws and CBSE Online School Affiliation & Monitoring System have clearly mentioned all essential process and procedure regarding its affiliation process.
CBSE New Delhi developed a transparent online affiliation system to conduct fair inspection process before giving affiliation number. Inspection committee members play crucial role for imparting comprehensive inspection process for imparting quality education system in India. Inspection committee examine school’s building including laboratories, library, classroom, games and sports facilities, process of teaching learning in a few classes and other facilities thoroughly to assess its eligibility as well as suitability for the affiliation with the (CBSE) board. In fact board lays total stress on quality education, observance of rules mentioned in the Affiliation Bye-Laws, provisions of infrastructure, payment of full salaries as per as the scale of pay, D.A and other admissible allowances prescribed by the State Government. Inspection committee examines the service benefits to teachers, staff and justifiable rationalization of the fee structure vis-a vis the facilities provided to the students.
Inspection committee members examine physical features available in school, employees empowerment plan, facilities for imparting quality education, and several other CBSE norms prescribed in “CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws”. Inspection committee members physically verify all essential documents prescribed in “CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws” and on CBSE Online School Affiliation & Monitoring System. Inspection committee members can demand each and every document related to school systems for physical verification. School authorities have to present all documents before the inspection committee members.
INSPECTION COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC POINTS
CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws and CBSE Online School Affiliation & Monitoring System (http://cbseaff.nic.in/cbse_aff/form/Instruction.aspx ) have discussed in details about the essential documents and conditions for school affiliation with CBSE, New Delhi. Broadly Inspection committee members examine and verify all necessary documents in details which are mentioned in CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws and on CBSE Online School Affiliation & Monitoring System for CBSE Affiliations. These are as follows:-
- No Objection Certificate AND Formal prior Recognition letter. It is mandatory to upload both NOC and Recognition letter. Both have to be scanned as a single pdf file and uploaded. OR Recommendation from Embassy of India (if applicable)
- Copy of Registration letter of the Trust/Society Management Committee
- Land Certificate from concerned authority (As per enclosed proforma).
- Affidavit(As per enclosed proforma) of :
- Non Proprietary Character of society from First Class Magistrate.
- No relation amongst the School Managing Committee members.
- That society/school is not part of any franchise arrangement as per clause 19.1(i) (ii) and clause 7.2
- That without Affiliation school will not start class 9th/11th otherwise liable for suitable action as per clause 15.9 of Affiliation bye laws of the Board.
- Infrastructure detail photographs
- Fire safety certificate
- Health & Sanitation certificate
- Safe drinking water certificate
- Building Safety Certificate
- Staff EPF deduction certificate
- Reserve funds proof (Only in case of upgradation)
- Balance sheet/Financial status certified by CA for last 3 years
- Salary paid through ECS/Cheque (Certificate issued by the associated bank)
- Staff Salary Certificate issued by District Education Officer
- In case of switch over,
- Affidavit for closure of classes in phased manner along with
- 3 years State board result in gazette issued by state board
- Land registration and/or lease documents
In order to bring more transparency in the process of affiliation, CBSE made it mandatory that the process of inspection will be video- graphed and a 5 minute clip will be prepared for uploading the clip on youtube. CBSE clearly mentioned that the videographer shall be arranged by the school. The following will be covered in the videography:
- Building including labs, library, classrooms and other facilities.
- Games & sports facilities.
- Process of teaching learning in a few classes.
- Group photo of staff.
- School has to upload a 5 minutes compact video of school inspection on you tube and you tube link will be shared with online inspection report.
- Inspection committee members verify basic information related to school, trust, trustee members, school management committee members in details etc.
- Inspection committee members verify “staff and service conditions” provided by the school in details. They basically check qualifications and experience of the principal, librarian, physical education teacher (PTI), special education, staff nurse etc. Inspection committee members examine “documents related to educational qualifications and experience of the head of institution/staff working in the school thoroughly”.
- Inspection committee members verify “the original land documents of the school”. They ensure that the address in land documents is same as the address of the school mentioned in NOC and recognition certificate. They examine whether the school is running from the same site as mentioned in the land documents, recognition certificate and NOC
- Inspection committee members verify “whether the area of campus is the same as in order and school land is in a single compact plot. If the school land is not in a single plot, area of different plots and distance between plots along with the information on which of these plots the school building is situated may clearly be given in the report.
- Inspection committee members specifically verify “whether the school has started classes IX, X, XI or XII (as the case may be) or not without prior permission from CBSE”
- Inspection committee members examine “whether the school management is running another school/institution in the same premises with different name and submit its details”.
- Inspection committee members examine “whether the name of the staff members published in the school prospectus and school diary are same as in the acquaintance roll of the school”.
- IC Members may check employees bank account/passbook issued by bank
- Inspection committee members examine “documents related to educational qualifications and experience of the head of institution/staff working in the school may be thoroughly checked”.
- Qualification details of all teachers/staffs
- The Inspection Committee members ensure that the documents mentioned in or related to “Note for Principal” may check specifically and upload at the relevant place in the online report. The committee may upload all the documents again if the same are not properly scanned, illegible, expired, incomplete etc.
- In case the application is for affiliation to Senior Secondary Level, the inspection committee is also identify the subjects in consultation with the school authorities as per syllabus/guidelines for the senior school certificate examination which are to be introduced by the school and verify the facilities available for each subject and submit recommendations carefully along with list of subjects. (CBSE Guidelines for School and Inspection Committee Members)
Inspection committee members have authority to investigate all necessary elements which are responsible for bringing quality education in the school. In fact, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) New Delhi ensures intensive as well as comprehensive inspection for promoting quality education for building a great nation.
Resource Website and Documents