Frequently asked Questions on Higher Education -National Education Policy 2020
NEP 2020-Multiple Choices Questions for Quiz/GK/GS/Competitive Exams
104. NEP mentioned “light but tight” regulation for higher education system or school education system.
- Higher Education
- School Education
- For both
- For none
105. NEP mentioned the name of ancient Indian universities. Find out the odd one which is not ancient university?
106. Which year all higher education institutions (HEIs) will become multidisciplinary institutions as per NEP 2020 recommendation?
- By 2040
- By 2025
- By 2030
- By 2035
107. What is the percentage of the Gross Enrolment Ratio in higher education by 2018 as per as NEP 2020?
108. NEP 2020 recommended 50 % the Gross Enrolment Ratio in higher education including vocational education by this year—————
- By 2040
- By 2025
- By 2030
- By 2035
109. What isGCED mentioned in NEP 2020?
Ans- Global Citizenship Education (GCED)
110. Ancient Indian literary works i.e. Banabhatta’s Kadambari described a good education as knowledge of the so many Kalaas or arts. What is exact number of Kalaas or arts mentioned in NEP 2020?
- 62 Kalaas or arts
- 63 Kalaas or arts
- 64 Kalaas or arts
- 66 Kalaas or arts
111. What will be the duration of undergraduate degree according to NEP 2020?
The undergraduate degree will be of either 3 or 4-year duration, with multiple exit options within this period, with appropriate certifications.
112. What will happen if a student leaves the course without completing undergraduate degree according to NEP 2020 recommendation?
NEP proposed clear guidelines regarding completion of undergraduate programme year wise. College or institution will award certificates.
113. Will the college or institution award a certificate, diploma or degree for the students according to NEP 2020 recommendation?
NEP proposed clear guidelines regarding completion of undergraduate programme year wise. College or institution will award certificates i.e.
- a certificate after completing 1 year in a discipline or field including vocational and professional areas,
- a diploma after 2 years of study,
- Bachelor ’s degree after a 3-year programme,
- 4-year multidisciplinary Bachelor’s programme a degree ‘with Research
114. What criteria or structure will be offered or followed in Master’s programmes according to NEP 2020?
HEIs will have the flexibility to offer different designs of Master’s programmes:
- there may be a 2-year programme with the second year devoted entirely to research for those who have completed the 3-year Bachelor ’s programme;
- for students completing a 4-year Bachelor ’s programme with Research, there could be a 1-year Master’s programme; and
- there may be an integrated 5-year Bachelor’s/Master’s programme
- undertaking a Ph.D. shall require either a Master’s degree or a 4-year Bachelor’s degree with Research
- the M.Phil. programme shall be discontinued
115. What will be the name of model public universities for holistic and multidisciplinary education, at par with IITs, IIMs, etc to attain the highest global standards in quality education?
Ans. MERUs (Multidisciplinary Education and Research Universities)
116. What will be function of Academic Bank of Credit (ABC) according to NEP 2020?
An Academic Bank of Credit (ABC) shall be established which would digitally store the academic credits earned from various recognized HEIs so that the degrees from an HEI can be awarded taking into account credits earned.
117. What is CBCS in HEIs according to NEP 2020?
Ans. The Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
118. What is CBGS?
Ans. The criterion-based grading system
119. What is MERUs?
MERUs stand for “Multidisciplinary Education and Research Universities”. Model public universities for holistic and multidisciplinary education, at par with IITs, IIMs, etc., called MERUs. MERUs aim is to attain the highest global standards in quality education. MERUs will also help set the highest standards for multidisciplinary education across India.
120. Will teachers from HEIs be given freedom to design their own curricular and use own pedagogical approaches according to NEP 2020 recommendations?
- Yes, faculty will be given the freedom to design their own curricular and pedagogical approaches within the approved framework, including textbook and reading material selections, assignments, and assessments.
- Faculty will beempowered to conduct innovative teaching, research, and service as they see best according to NEP 2020.
121. What will be minimum qualification for a teacher by 2030 as per NEP recommendation?
Ans. The 4-year integrated B.Ed. offered by multidisciplinary HEIs will, by 2030, become the minimal degree qualification for school teachers.
122. Will 2-year B.Ed., or 1-year B.Ed. not be offered by HEIs by 2030?
Ans. No, 2-year B.Ed., or 1-year B.Ed. will be offered by HEIs by 2030. The following criteria will be adopted by HEIs to run teacher education programme-
- The HEI offering the 4-year integrated B.Ed. may also run a 2-year B.Ed., for students who have already received a Bachelor’s degree in a specialized subject.
- A 1-year B.Ed. may also be offered for candidates who have received a 4-year undergraduate degree in a specialized subject.
123. Is there any provision to offer scholarship in teacher education programme as per as NEP 2020 recommendation?
Ans. Yes, Scholarships for meritorious students will be offered for the purpose of attracting outstanding candidates to the 4-year, 2-year, and 1-year B.Ed. programmes.
124. What is NEP 2020 recommendation for pursuing Ph.D. programme in teacher education?
Highlights of Ph.D. programme.
- All Ph.D. students, irrespective of discipline, will complete to take credit-based courses in teaching/education/pedagogy/writing related to their chosen Ph.D subject during their doctoral training period.
- All Ph.D. students, irrespective of discipline, will get exposure to pedagogical practices, designing curriculum, credible evaluation systems, communication etc..
- Ph.D students will also have a minimum number of hours of actual teaching experience gathered through teaching assistantships and other means. Ph.D. programmes at universities around the country will be re-oriented for this purpose.
125. How many persons in India in the age group of 19–24 received formal vocational education in the 12th Five-Year Plan (2012–2017)?
Ans. less than 5%
126. What is full form of NSQF?
Ans. National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF)
127. How many persons shall have exposure to vocational education through the school and higher education system by 2025?
Ans. at least 50%
|Exposure to vocational education in the age group of 19–24 (NEP 2020)|
|India||United States of America||Germany||South Korea|
|less than 5%||52%||75%||96%|
128. What is “NCIVE” mentioned in NEP 2020?
Ans. National Committee for the Integration of Vocational Education (NCIVE), It will be constituted by MHRD. National Committee for the Integration of Vocational Education (NCIVE), consists of experts in vocational education and representatives from across Ministries, in collaboration with industry, to oversee this effort.
129. How much percentage of the total GDP spends on the research and innovation in India at current time?
Ans. only 0.69% of GDP
|Investment on the research and innovation (NEP 2020)|
|India||United States of America||Israel||South Korea|
|0.69% of GDP||2.8% of GDP||4.3% of GDP||4.2% of GDP|
130. NEP 2020 envisions the establishment of national level research for promoting quality research in the nation. What is the proposed name of research organization?
Ans. National Research Foundation (NRF)
131. What is full form of “HECI”?
Ans. The Higher Education Commission of India (HECI)
132. What is full form of “NHERC”?
Ans. The National Higher Education Regulatory Council
|Answer Table with Remarks|
|Note- Kindly go through original National Education Policy 2020 if you find any doubt facts, questions and answer. Rajeev Ranjan Principal, Teacher Trainer www.rajeevelt.com www.rajeevranjan.net|
#MCQNEP2020 #FAQNEP2020 #Multiplechoicequestions #quizquestionsNEP2020 #GKQuestionsNEP2020 #GSNEP2020 #CompetitiveExamsNEP2020
National Education Policy -2020