|Lesson Name/ No||Class-9||Teacher|
|Location and Extent of India (Geo- 9)||Geography||Vatan Singh|
- To introduce the concept of longitudes and latitudes to the students
- To explain the concept of Standard Time and Time Zones
- To make clear the longitudinal and latitudinal extents of India
- To explain India’s neighbors and its relations with its neighbor.
Recapitulation of previous topic:
- Which mountain is located in north direction of India?
- How many Union Territories are there in India?
- Which island is located in west direction of India and in which sea?
- Which country is located in northwest direction of India?
- Which meridian is also known as Prime Meridian?
- Drawing a raw diagram of globe (Equator, Tropics, Prime Meridian and India)
- Graphical presentation of largest countries in the world and India.
- Raw diagram of India its neighbors, location of Union Territories
- Explanation of Standard Time Zone and Greenwich.
- Student’s will answer questions asked by teacher
- Students will come on black board to indicate different direction, neighbor countries and longitudes and latitudes
- Map reading.
- Smart board (Projector)
- India’s outline map
- Latitudinal and longitudinal extents of India
- Standard time
- Prime meridian and Tropics.
Learning Outcome of teaching:
- Students will develop a thorough understanding of meridians and parallels
- They will be able to understand the concept of standard time and local time
- Students will learn about the location of India’s neighbor according to direction.
- Exercise (MCQ)
- Exercise ( 2 short answer type question)
- Exercise Locate union territories of India on an outline map of India.
- Locate India’s neighbors
- Teacher:-Vatan Singh