Ten Multiple Choice Questions with Answers on PREs Skill Assessment Test
1. What is the primary role of a PRE in a school setting?
a) Teaching students
b) Managing finances
c) Facilitating communication between parents and the school
d) Maintaining school facilities
2. Which of the following skills is most crucial for a PRE when resolving conflicts between parents and the school?
a) Teaching expertise
b) Negotiation and conflict resolution
c) Financial management
d) Technical skills
3. What does the acronym IEP stand for in the context of education?
a) Initial Entry Plan
b) Individualized Education Plan
c) International Educational Program
d) Interdisciplinary Evaluation Process
4. Which skill is essential for a PRE when addressing a parent’s emotional concerns during a meeting?
a) Technical expertise
c) Budget management
d) Event planning
5. What should a PRE prioritize when setting up a meeting with parents?
a) Lengthy agendas with numerous topics
b) Focusing solely on academic performance
c) Clear objectives and a structured agenda
d) Avoiding the meeting altogether
6. To enhance parent engagement, what kind of events or activities should a PRE organize?
a) Events exclusively for students
b) Meetings with teachers only
c) Workshops and parent-teacher conferences
d) Events outside school premises
7. What is a fundamental aspect of maintaining professionalism in written communication with parents?
a) Using informal language and abbreviations
b) Being concise and clear
c) Sharing personal anecdotes
d) Avoiding any contact with parents in writing
8. Which of the following is an important component of active listening for a PRE?
a) Interrupting the speaker to share your perspective
b) Taking notes for your own reference
c) Demonstrating understanding through verbal and non-verbal cues
d) Dismissing the speaker’s concerns
9. What role do PREs play in promoting a school’s programs and attracting new students?
a) No role in marketing and promotion
b) Limited involvement in marketing
c) Key players in marketing and promotion
d) Solely responsible for academic programming
10. What should a PRE do after a parent meeting to document discussions and agreements?
a) Nothing, as documentation is unnecessary
b) Send a summary email to the parent
c) Delete all records of the meeting
d) Create a public report of the meeting
|1-Answer: c) Facilitating communication between parents and the school||6-Answer: c) Workshops and parent-teacher conferences|
|2-Answer: b) Negotiation and conflict resolution||7-Answer: b) Being concise and clear|
|3-Answer: b) Individualized Education Plan||8-Answer: c) Demonstrating understanding through verbal and non-verbal cues|
|4-Answer: b) Empathy||9-Answer: c) Key players in marketing and promotion|
|5-Answer: c) Clear objectives and a structured agenda||10-Answer: b) Send a summary email to the parent|