CBSE Affiliation-SARAS 4.0. Rules and Regulation-Submission of applications under various categories of affiliation
The Board has decided to open the window of online applications for affiliation under various categories for session 2024-25 as per the timeline appended below. The applicant school are requested to follow the guidelines (manuals) of automated affiliation system given in SARAS Manual 4.0 available on website.
Submission of applications under various categories of affiliation for the session 2024-25 in SARAS 4.0
Categories of application
● Approval for Middle Class Syllabus
● Fresh Affiliation Up to Secondary Level
● Fresh Affiliation up to Senior Secondary Level
● Fresh Affiliation upto Secondary Level Switch over from Other Boards (Only Schools who are already affiliated to another Board)
● Fresh Affiliation upto Senior Secondary Level Switch over from Other Boards (Only Schools who are already affiliated to another Board)
● Up-gradation to Secondary Level
● Up-gradation to Senior Secondary Level
● Extension of Affiliation
● Permission of site shifting
● Restoration of affiliation
● Permission of two Shifts
● Section Increase
● Introduction of Additional Subject (Science for Sr Sec level)
● Permission of name change of school / Society / trust
● Transfer of school from one society / trust to another
● Permission to increase/decrease/correction of land area of school
|Application||% of Inspection||Mode of Inspection|
|Middle class syllabus||Inspection 100% of applications||Physical|
|Fresh affiliation upto Secondary level/ Switch over upto Secondary level from other Boards||Inspection 100% of applications||Physical|
|Fresh affiliation upto Senior Secondary level/ Switch over upto Senior Secondary level from other Boards||Inspection 100% of applications||Physical|
|Up-gradation to Senior Secondary Level||Inspection 100% of applications||Physical|
|Permission of Site Shifting||Inspection 100% of applications||Physical|
|Permission of Two Shifts||Inspection 100% of applications||Physical|
|Restoration of Affiliation||Inspection 100% of applications||Physical|
|Section increase||Inspection of at least 3% of total application received on case to case basis||Virtual|
|Extension of Affiliation (3% of total applications)||Inspection of at least 3% of total application recd. based on scores of School Report Cards.||Virtual|
|Introduction of additional science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry & Biology for Senior Secondary classes (In case, the school is already affiliated upto Senior Secondary Level without science subjects)||Inspection 100% of applications||Virtual|
|Introduction of additional non science subjects for Senior Secondary classes should update the data in OASIS portal and offer the subjects as per norms of the Board.||OASIS updation|
|Permission of name change of school / society||Scrutiny|
|Transfer of school from one society to another society/trust||Scrutiny|
|Permission to increase/ decrease/ correction of land area of school||Scrutiny|
|Upgradation to Secondary Level||Automated Mode|
|Extension of Affiliation (97%)||Automated Mode|
* Note –
1. All existing schools must ensure that their OASIS data is updated. Those who have not completed will not be able to fill form for any applicable category of affiliation.
2. All existing schools intending to apply for extension/upgradation must also complete SQAAF as this is mandatory requirement for applying under these two categories.
3. Introduction of Additional Subject (schools seeking approval for non-science subject should update the data in OASIS Portal and offer the subject as per norms of the Board.
4. Extension cases shall be through auto grant except 3% which shall be through virtual inspection
5. Schools which are due for extension (whose affiliation is valid upto 31st March of the following year) or whose extension is long pending need to apply for extension first, then only they will be allowed to apply under any other category.
Adoption of NCF-FS 2022:
The Board vide circular no. Aff.08/2023 dated 17.03.2023 has adopted the NCF-FS 2022 and the new structure of five year education at the Foundational Stage (From Balvatika/ Pre School to Class II) which will be introduced in the session 2023-24.
The school, seeking affiliation with the Board, will submit the details of class Balvatika-1, 2, 3 / Pre-school-1, 2, 3 to class VIII / X / XII on SARAS portal.
The Board is also expanding the affiliation of the existing affiliated schools offering education from Balvatika/pre-school to VIII / X / XII classes for which the school may make efforts to gradually augment the infrastructural requirements to include Balvatika/pre-school classes.
Schools must adopt and adapt NCF-FS 2022 and make use of the Jadui Pitara (collection of teaching-learning material) prepared by NCERT for the teaching-learning process for the Foundational Years. Jadui Pitara is available at DIKSHA portal. Further, it is recommended that all related Teaching-Learning material for Foundational Stage being released by NCERT be used for teaching-learning purposes.
The schools may refer the Board’s circular no. 12/2023 dated 24/03/2023 for further land requirement and other infrastructure requirements.
Integration of School Quality Assessment and Assurance (SQAA) Framework:
The Board has decided to implement SQAA for all its affiliated schools from the Session 2023-2024 while applying for Fresh Affiliation/Switch Over/Upgradation/Extension of schools.
All the affiliated schools should undertake self-assessment on SQAA Portal every year between 1st April to 31st December.
All schools applying for the fresh affiliation/switch over category will have to fill SQAA at the time of filling Part C of the online affiliation form within 21 days.
All schools applying for upgradation/extension (except fresh affiliation/switch over) will have to undertake SQAA at the time of applying along with the Part A of the online affiliation form.
The schools may refer the Board’s circular no. 14/2023 dated 24/03/2023 for implementation and filling of Self-Assessment under SQAA Framework.
Guidelines for submission of application for CBSE Affiliation Under Various Categories
The schools applying under various categories of affiliation must ensure that they fulfil the following conditions as per the requirements as prescribed in the CBSE Affiliation Bye Laws before applying for Affiliation.
A. Essential Documents for CBSE Affiliation Under Various Categories
No Objection Certificate
Land Certificate STRICTLY
Fire Safety Certificate
Building Safety Certificate
Certificate of Registration of Society/Trust/Company
Safe Drinking Water and Sanitary Condition Certificate
System Generated Self- certification
The school is required to submit the following essential documents at the time of filling online application in PART-A and to be placed before the inspection committee in original for verification at the time of inspection of the school:
- No Objection Certificate subject to the notification issued by the State and to the effect that State Government has no objection to the affiliation of the School with CBSE and NOC should mention classes for which it is issued.
- Recognition Certificate with its validity as on date, issued by concerned State Education Department as per extant rules and provisions contained in RTE Act-2009.
- Land Certificate STRICTLY as per the Appendix –X of Circular no. 12/2022 of the Affiliation Bye-laws. The certificate should have been issued not more than 1 year before the date of application
https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Circulars/Circular12_2022.pdf . The Competent Authority to issue the land certificate is – DM/ADM/SDM / Tehsildar/ Naib – Tehsildar/ Registrar/ Sub-Registrar or any other equivalent authority competent to issue such certificate. The land certificate must be as per format prescribed and no other format will be acceptable. Non submission of the certificate in the prescribed format may lead to rejection of the application.
- Fire Safety Certificate to be issued by the Govt. Fire Safety Department/ Authorised Officer of the
Local Bodies such as Municipal Corporation as per prescribed norms with validity (validity as on date of final submission of application) in the name of school only. Letter/Certificate/opinion regarding installation or possession of Fire Safety equipments/ extinguisher shall not be treated as a Fire Safety Certificate.
- Building Safety Certificate as per prescribed format in Appendix- XI of Circular no. 12/2022 to be issued by an officer not below the rank of an Assistant Engineer of the Government works department. The Building Safety Certificate must include details of all the Blocks and the number of floors in all the building blocks in the school.
- Certificate of Registration of Society/Trust/Company running the school, issued by a competent Government authority.
- Safe Drinking Water and Sanitary Condition Certificate – as per the Appendix –XIII of Circular no. 12/2022 issued by an officer not below the rank of an Assistant Engineer of the Government Public Health Department(PHED), Authorised Officer of the Local Bodies accompanied by a water test report of the school from an authorized laboratory (For Safe Drinking water and Sanitary Condition certificate, please refer Annexure-C of SARAS Manual).
- System Generated Self- certification signed by principal & Manager of the school and duly countersigned by the authorized signatory
(Note – Suggestive formats for all the 07 essential documents are circulated for guidance vide circular no. 12/2022 dated 14.10.2022).
B. Physical Infrastructure :
The school is required to submit the following infrastructural details at the time of filling online application in PART-B and to get these verified by the inspection committee, at the time of inspection of the school:
● The name of the school is prominently painted / displayed on the façade / entrance gate. Flex boards or other temporary posters displaying the name of the school will not be acceptable.
● Concrete boundary wall of not less than 6 ft. height, enclosing the school campus/site. Composite boundary walls which are partly concrete and partly grill/mesh/barbed wire below 6 feet will not be acceptable. If fencing/grill is required, then the same should be over and above 6 feet height.
● Ramps at the entrance(s) of the school.
● Ramps/lifts for CWSN to access the upper floors of the school ( in case of a multistoried school)
● Appropriate laboratory infrastructure for composite science lab, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Computer lab.
● Composite Science Lab in Secondary & Senior Secondary both Schools
● Well stocked library with adequate reading area
● Well developed indoor and outdoor sports facilities
● Toilet facilities available in the school for boys and girls and urinal station in school toilets with proper partition.
● Separate toilets for CWSN, boys and girls. These should be provided on every floor (in case of multistoried schools)
● Aerial view of school covering school campus, playground, concrete boundary wall not less than 6 feet all around the school campus/site.
● Verification that no public road, canal or thorough-fare, HT line etc. is passing through the land in which school is located
● No other school / institution should be existing in the same premises.
C. Academic management and Teaching Learning practices of the school
The school shall present relevant records viz appointment of teachers, counsellor and Wellness Teachers and Special Educators, their qualification and other testimonials during the inspection for verification.
The school shall appoint a well-qualified and trained (a) Principal (b) Physical Education Teacher (PET)& (c) Librarian. The school shall invariably present these documents during inspection.
Teaching Learning practices and management of the school shall broadly be assessed by the inspection committee on the following key points. The school is suggested to prepare themselves accordingly.
● School Governance leadership and Management
● Curriculum Design, Planning and Review
● School Life- Teaching , learning –Assessment
● Process of teaching learning in a few classes.
● School life- Safety and Hygiene
● School Life- Inclusion
● Teacher development
● Enabling Resources
● Overall ambience, neat, clean and green environment
D. Constitution of various committees as per Affiliation Bye-Laws & other statutory requirements
The school must constitute the following committees, in compliance to the existing guidelines. The notification of all these committees must reflect with proper name of the Chairman and its Committee Members. The details of the constitution of committee will be verified by the inspection committee during inspection of school:
a) Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act- 2013
b) Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act- 2012 (POCSO Act),
c) School Management Committee as per clause 8.1 of Affiliation Bye Laws 2018 of the Board.
E. The complete Inspection report submitted by the Inspection Committee would be visible to school within 24 hours on submission of online feedback form. The school is expected to acquaint themselves with the CBSE Affiliation/Examination Bye-Laws including subsequent amendments therein/guidelines/directions /User Manual etc. of the Board issued from time to time before applying for the affiliation and subsequently after grant also.
F. The school is not eligible to start classes IX, X, XI or XII (as the case may be) without grant of affiliation by the Board.
G. Salient points to be followed by the schools before submission of application for Affiliation under different Categories –
● In case of extension and upgradation cases, the latest grant letter received from the Board (extension/upgradation) to be uploaded.
● Appointment of Special Educator as per rule position 2.4.11 of affiliation bye-laws 2018.
● Wellness Teacher / counsellor as per rule position 2.4.12 of affiliation bye-laws 2018
● The optimum number of students should be as per rule 4.8 of Affiliation Bye-Laws 2018.
● Sufficient qualified teachers as per rule position 5.1 of affiliation bye-laws 2018
● Teacher- pupil ratio as per norms as per rule position 5.4 of affiliation bye-laws 2018
The schools may ensure that the following condition with regard to infrastructure are met before applying for Affiliation –
(a) The school may refer the following for future reference section ratio on specific land area;
(2) Infrastructure facilities
- All the applicant schools are advised to ensure that the above parameters are fulfilled in all respect and also SOPs laid down in the circular no.11/2022 dated 04.10.2022 are perused vis-à-vis various laboratories, library& Sports facilities are met in order to avoid any rejection of application at the Board’s end.
- The school shall apply online and upload all the essential documents mentioned above in part ‘A’ with initial payment of Rs. 10,000/-. The documents will be scrutinized by the Board. In case of incorrect/invalid documents are uploaded, observation of the Board shall be reflected in the progress panel. Thereafter, as a single chance, school shall get an opportunity to upload the correct document (s) within the stipulated time and in case of failure to upload the documents, the application shall be rejected summarily and fees paid will be forfeited. No separate representation will be entertained. Thereafter, the school may apply afresh for affiliation.
- On successful completion of PART-A, which will be reflected in the progress panel of the application, the school shall fill the PART-B of application and remit the balance fees. The processing and inspection of the applications will be done as per TABLE-A on page 1 & 2 of this circular.
Important points –for CBSE Affiliation and Extension of Affiliation Under Various Categories
Inspection of the school shall be videographed live, by the applicant school, which must cover;
a) Essential Documents
b) Physical Infrastructure
c) Academic management and Teaching Learning practices of the school
d) The school shall be responsible for videography and should ensure that all aspects of school as indicated are properly covered. Slide show, promotional videos and snapshots of facilities will not be acceptable. Failure to capture all indicated facilities of school may lead to cancellation of application on the ground of non existence / insufficient infrastructure.
Review Procedure in respect to rejected inspection cases (Through Virtual Mode)
In case after scrutiny of the inspection report, the board finds the school is not eligible for grant of affiliation on specific deficiencies, the same will be conveyed to the schools on its progress panel. The school is given an opportunity to represent their stand before review committee. The school shall apply for review within 15 days of communication of rejection.
● The review committee constituted by the Board will meet within the earliest possible time and the meeting will be conducted in virtual mode or as decided by the Board.
● Two representatives of the applicant school (Chairman/Secretary of the Trust/Principal/Director/Manager) shall represent their case with valid photo ID.
● The school will keep ready all the supporting documents in respect of which deficiencies had been pointed out.
● The complete inspection of the review committee will be recorded on Microsoft Teams.
● After receiving the review committee report, the final decision of the Board will be communicated on the progress panel.
● The Virtual inspection should be covered through professional videography and videography through mobile/tab is not allowed.
● The schools are advised to follow the steps of review process as per the SOP by filling up the login ID credentials in the progress panel.
The schools must ensure the following guidelines before applying for the affiliation;
The school must maintain the facilities of Laboratories, Library and Sports as per SoPs issued vide Board’s circular no. 11/2022 dated 04.10.2022 as follows:
- Composite Science Lab (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/CompositeScienceLabSOP.pdf)
- Physics Lab (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/PhysicsLabSOP.pdf)
- Chemistry Lab (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/ChemistryLabSOP.pdf)
- Biology Lab (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/BiologyLabSOP.pdf)
- Mathematics Lab (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/MathematicsLabSOP.pdf)
- Computer Science Lab (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/ComputerLabSOP.pdf)
- Library (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/LibrarySOP.pdf)
- Sports facilities (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Aff_SOPs/Sports_SOP.pdf)
- The school may submit essential certificates as per suggestive format given in Board’s circular no. 12/2022 dated 14.10.2022 (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Circulars/Circular12_2022.pdf)
- The school must adhere the guidelines for Children with Special Needs (CwSN) issued vide Board’s circular no. 05/2023 dated 06.03.2023 (https://saras.cbse.gov.in/saras/Circulars/Circular05_2023.pdf)
- The school must adhere the implementation of Digital Infrastructure in CBSE School issue vide Board’s Circular no. 10/2023 dated 24.03.2023 (https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/documents//Aff_Circular_10_24032023.pdf)
- The school must adhere the Integration of School Quality Assessment and Assurence (SQAA) Framework issued vide Board Circular no. 14/2023 dated 24.03.2023 (https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/documents//Aff_Circular_14_24032023.pdf)
- The school must adhere the Adoption of NCF-FS 2022 issued vide Board Circular no 12/2023 dated 24.03.2023 (https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/documents//Aff_Circular_12_24032023.pdf)
- The school must adhere the SoP for videography of the school infrastructure during inspection of school issued vide Board’s circular no. 11/2023 dated 24.03.2023 (https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/documents//Aff_Circular_11_24032023.pdf)
- The school must adhere the SoP for Inspection Committee of the school infrastructure during inspection of school issued vide Board’s circular no. 09/2023 dated 24.03.2023 (https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/documents//Aff_Circular_09_24032023.pdf)
- The school must adhere the SoP for Review Committee during the review inspection of school issued vide Board’s circular no. 15/2023 dated 25.04.2023
- The school must adhere the guidelines issued vide SARAS Manual 4.0 (link) available on website.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
[…] ← Previous […]