SUBJECT COMBINATIONS TO BE SELECTED FOR CLASS IX (2019-2020) & X (2020-2021)
Class IX and X is an integrated course. Students need to take only those subjects in class IX which they intend to continue in CLASS-X
Scheme of Studies – Secondary School Examination for academic session Class IX 2019-2020 and Class X 2020-2021
Students can offer minimum 5 and more subjects. They need to continue same subjects in class X also. Subjects can be offered as under:
|Subjects||Name of Subjects|
|Subject 1||Language I (Hindi Course A or|
|Hindi Course B or English|
|Language and Literature|
|Subject 2||Language II (Any one from the|
|Compulsory||Group of Languages (Group-L)|
|other than Language chosen at|
|Subject 4||Science||(Group- A1)|
|Subject 5||Social Science|
|Subject 6||Skill subject* from the group of|
|Skill subjects (Group-S)|
|Optional||Subject 7||Language III (Group-L) /Any|
|Academic subject (Group-A2)|
|other than opted above|
|Subjects of Internal||Subject 8 and 9||Health and Physical Education|
|Assessment||Assessment and||Work Experience*|
|certification at school||Art Education|
* subsumed in Health and Physical Education
Important Instructions to be followed strictly —
- It is expected that all the students would have studied three languages up to class VIII. Those students who could not clear the third language in class VIII and have been promoted to class IX, shall be examined by the concerned schools at the end of Class IX in the same syllabus and textbooks as prescribed for class VIII. Those who are still unable to clear the third language at the end of class IX may be given another opportunity in class X. No student shall be eligible to appear in the Secondary School Examination of the Board at the end of class X unless she/he has passed in the third language.
- Hindi and English must be two of the three languages to be offered. Hindi and English must have been studied at least up to class VIII.
Is it mandatory to pass 3rd language for appearing in class 10th board exam?
- No student shall be eligible to appear in the Secondary School Examination of the Board at the end of class X unless she/he has passed in the third language.
Can a student select Hindi and English simultaneously at the same time in class IX and X?
Either Hindi or English must be one of the two languages to be studied in class IX and X. Hindi and English can also be offered simultaneously. In Hindi, two courses have been provided for class IX and X keeping in view the varying backgrounds of the students and a student may either opt for Hindi A (Code 002) or Hindi B (Code 085).
Can Students offering additional sixth skill subject opt another additional language as 7th subjects?
- Students offering additional sixth skill subject may also offer an additional language III/subject as seventh subject.
- Computer Application (Code 165), Information Technology (Code 402) and Artificial Intelligence (code 417) cannot be taken together.
- For Skill subjects, only those subjects can be offered for which permission has been given by the Department of Skill Education, CBSE.
What happens if a student fails in any one of the three compulsory academic subjects i.e Science, Mathematics, or Social Science?
- If a student fails in any one of the three compulsory academic subjects (i.e. Science, Mathematics or Social Science) and passes the Skill subject (offered as 6th optional subject) then it will be replaced by the Skill subject and result of Class X Board examination will be computed accordingly.
What happens If a student fails in any language subject out of first five subjects ?
- If a student fails in any language subject out of first five subjects, the same will be replaced by language taken as seventh subject (optional) provided he or she has passed seventh language subject and after replacement either Hindi or English remains as passed language in first five subjects.
- It has been observed in past that there is a variation between subjects offered by the candidate and the subjects being taught and allowed by the Board. To ensure accuracy of data, the Subject Code and Subject Name must be checked carefully for each candidate.
- If there is a violation of scheme of study the data filled through EXCEL file will show error on server after uploading the filled excel file. The error will be rectified only after choosing correct subject combinations.
CBSE/Reg/112510/2019 08th August, 2019 —–JPG File