Learning is a difficult activity. Learning happens with practices. So, ensure learning in classroom by providing ample opportunities for the learners to learn in a playful manner.
Objective of this English Speaking through Good Manner Curriculum: –
- Provides opportunity for the learner to learn Good Manner
- Good manner helps a child to become a good human being
- Children are curious to learn good manners
- Instil good manner among children in a play way method
Task Time: – Educator will conduct this English Speaking Activity in Zero Period/Proxy Period
How to Conduct this Activity:-
- Always conduct this activity through pair work
- Two students will practice these manners at a time. It will be in the form of question answer.
- Feel free to change the partner at practice time (so that child will not accustomed with same student every time)
Teaching Techniques: – Drilling/Practice/Acting /Role Play
Role of a teacher: –
- Be a facilitator. Guide your student to speak each and every word in a lucid and audible voice.
- Ask your learner to maintain proper pace (Neither too slow not too fast)
- Encourage your learner to speak in a complete phrase
- Feel free to include new manners in each and every section so that next time we can improve this questionnaire!
- Check sentence pattern, grammar and spelling of this questionnaire and amend it if it is logical to edit it.
Good Manners at Classroom
1. Do you wish your class teacher/teacher?
Yes, I always wish my class teacher/teacher.
2. Do you stand up and wish if someone enters in your classroom?
Yes, I always do. It shows our respect to others.
3. Do you take permission from teacher to do something in the classroom?
Yes, I always take permission from my teachers before doing something.
4. What do you say if you want to take permission or ask for something?
I say, “May I come in ma’am”?
I say, “May I ask something”?
I say, “Can I give answer ma’am”?
I say, “Can I drink water ma’am”?
May I have your attention, please?
Will you please permit me to speak?
Will you please move a bit?
Will you mind speaking a bit so softly please?
Will you please let me sit?
5. What do you say if you commit mistakes in the classroom? How will you feel sorry?
I am sorry; I couldn’t make it that day.
I’m sorry; I couldn’t make it in time.
I’m sorry, I got a little late.
It was all by mistake.
Please excuse me.
I beg your pardon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
6. If you want to say thank you, what will you say to the other person?
Thank you so much; that’s very/so kind of you
Thanks for your kind/valuable advice
- Do you obey the rules of the class?
Yes, I always obey rules of the class.
Yes, sometimes I obey rules of the class.
Sometimes I forget to obey the rules of the class.
- Do you listen to your teacher attentively during the class?
Yes, I always listen to my teacher.
I pay attention to the teacher.
I am always respectful to the teachers and staffs in the school.
Do immediately what the teacher asks you to do.
- Do you talk while teacher is teaching?
No, I do not talk while teacher is teaching. It disturbs the class. I always try to listen to my teacher.
- Do you ask your doubt to your teacher?
Yes, I ask my doubt to my teacher.
- Do you ask/remind your friend to obey the rules of class?
Yes, I always ask/remind my friend to do so.
- Do you complete your class work on time?
Yes, I always complete my class work on time.
No, sometimes I forget to complete my class work.
- Do you complete your homework on time?
Yes, I complete my homework on time.
No, sometimes I forget to complete my homework on time.
- Do you raise your hand before speaking in the class?
Yes, I raise my hand before speaking in the class.
I wait for my turn to speak in the classroom.
- Do you wait for your turn to speak in the class?
Yes, I wait for my turn to speak in the class.
- Do you help your friend to complete his/her work?
Yes, I help my friend to complete his/her work.
- Do you take permission from a friend if you wish to take an item/object from him?
Yes, I take permission before taking an item/object from my friend.
- Do you speak in English in the classroom?
Yes, I speak in English in the classroom.
- Do you tell lie to your friend?
No, I do not tell lie to my friend.
Always tell the truth. It takes courage to tell the truth.
- Do you switch off the lights and fan of your classroom?
Yes, I switch off my classroom’s fans and lights before leaving the class.
- Do you litter small things in the classroom?
No, I do not litter small things in the classroom. I always put the waste thing in the dustbin.
Other Good Manners to keep your classroom neat and clean
(a) Pick up your own litter
(b)Do not litter the classroom
(c) Do not throw water in the dustbin