CBSE intimates school, students, parents and different educational stakeholders through latest circular and makes it clear to one and all. Recently CBSE issued distinctive guidelines through circular no- COORD/ROs/2019 6.05.2019. Change in subject in class X and XII is most discussed topics among different stakeholders of CBSE affiliated schools. When our team of researchers investigated on www.quora.com we find several interesting questions mentioned below-
- Is this possible to change subject in class 12th?
- Can I change my subject in CBSE 12th class?
- Can one change subjects when appearing for the class 12th private exam?
- Can I change my subject in class 12th Science?
- What are the rules of CBSE for class 12th commerce student or can I change my additional subject in class 12th
- Can I change subjects in 12th class?
- Can I change my subject in 12th cbse?
- Can we change optional subjects in 12th?
- Is it possible to change subjects in 12th in the CBSE?
- If we fail in one subject in class 11 can we change our subject and go to class 12?
- Can we change our subject after class 11 CBSE?
- Can you change your optional subject in 12th in the CBSE system?
School Administrator, students, teachers and parents will find CBSE guidelines helpful. Kindly read it carefully to find above mentioned questions’ answer.
Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures for change of subject(s) in Classes X As per Affiliation Bye-laws, the academic session for all classes is from April to March. Several students change subject(s) while studying in Class X or XII on various grounds. However, as per the scheme of studies both classes X (IX & X) and XII (XI & XII) is two year course, students be counselled to offer those subjects in Class IX/XI which they would like to continue in Class X/XII and are available in the school, for which provisions exist in the Examination Bye-laws You are aware that vide Notification No. COORD/EC-6.12.2018/2019 dated 13.03.2019 at S.No. II amendment in Rule 26 of Examination Bye-laws has been communicated relating to the policy for change in subject(s). As per revised Rule, request for change of subject(s) in Class X/XII will be accepted provided such a request has been made before 15th July of the academic session. In order to streamline the process for change of subject(s) in Class X/XII, Standard Operating Procedures have been framed and are as under:
|Parent/Candidate to apply for change of subject(s) in the format given at Annexure- I alongwith – a) Request of the student/parent for change of subject b) Report card of previous class if school is same c) Report card and Transfer Certificate from previous school, if school has been changed or being changed d) Medical Certificate from Government hospital, in case of medical ground e) Relevant document supporting the reason other than (a) to (d) above||Upto 15th July of the academic session|
|When school will receive any request, the same will be analysed by the school as to whether: – (a) The reason for change of subject is genuine? (b) What was the performance in class IX/XI? (c) Whether the child is unable to cope up? (d) New subject requested to offer is available in school (e) Teacher of desired subject is also available in the school (f) School has affiliation in respect of that subject from Affiliation Unit or from Skill Education Unit (for Skill subjects) (g) Selected combination of subjects is valid as per the scheme of studies.||Upto 15th July of the academic session|
|Schools to compile all subject change cases in tabular form (separately for Class X and XII) supported with documents as mentioned above and forward the requests to Regional Office of CBSE with specific recommendation of subject teacher/class teacher and Principal alongwith relevant documents/marksheet, etc. Format of letter is given at Annexure –II. (only one request each for Class X & XII will be accepted from each school).||within 07 days from the date of activity at Sl. No.02 i.e. 21st July|
|Regional Office to communicate deficiency, if any, to the schools||Within one month from the date of receipt i.e. 20th August|
|Schools will communicate fulfilment of deficiency to the Regional Office||within 07 days from the date of activity at Sl. No.04 i.e. 27th August|
|Last date for according approval by CBSE||15th September as the last date for submission of LOC with normal fee(without late fee) is 30th September|
|a) In case of change of subject on account of direct admission after 15th July based on transfer of parent who is a government employee b) In case of change of subject on account of direct admission within 07 days of declaration of 1st chance Compartment result by CBSE||To be sent to concerned Regional Office so as to reach within 07 days of admission|
Before forwarding the request to CBSE, school will ensure that: –
1. In no manner, any request to change the subjects that parents will make their own arrangement of study will be accepted by the CBSE. Now, almost all the subjects are having internal assessment and schools need to provide the performance in internal assessment of the student.
2. They are not deviating from the directions. If in any case, it is found that instructions have not been followed, CBSE will reject the request for which school will be responsible.
3. Schools are requested to read and understand above directions so that the same are strictly complied with.
4. Schools will ensure that all documents as per requirement are obtained from the parent/student and provided to the concerned Regional Office.
5. All documents need to be provided in chronological order as mentioned above in all the cases.
(DR. SANYAM BHARDWAJ)
CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
Reference/For More update i.e. Amendments –Kindly Visits the CBSE OFFICIAL WEBSITE