Tips for English Speaking at Home
Good Manners at Home
- Do you wake up early in the morning?
Yes, I wake up early in the morning.
- Do you wish your parents?
Yes, I wish my parent daily .i.e Good Morning, Good Afternoon
- Do you say “please “to your mother, if you ask something to give?
Yes, I always say “please”.
- Do you knock the door before entering into father’s bedroom?
Yes, I always knock the door. I wait for father’s permission.
- Do you offer water to your father?
Yes, I always ask my father and offer a glass of water.
- Do you take permission to see father drawer?
Yes, I take permission. It is a good manner.
- Do you take permission before using your father’s mobile?
Yes, I take permission from my father before using his mobile.
- Do you read your father’s mails and mobile sms?
No, I do not do it. It is a bad habit. We should not read others’ mails and mobile sms.
- Do you discuss the private affairs of your family to other unknown members of society?
We should not discuss the private affairs of our family with outsiders or tell about a family problem. It is a bad habit. Our family members may face problems.
- Do you give respect to the elders in the family?
Yes, I always take care of elders in the family. I respect my elders. I always try to help elders in our family.
- Do you help your mother in cleaning the house?
Yes, I help my mother in cleaning the house.
- Do you fight with your younger brother/sister in the house?
No, I do not fight with my younger brother/sister/cousins. I love them.
- Do you say “thank you” to your mother, if she cooks your favourite dishes?
Yes, I always say “thank you” to my mother, if she cooks my favourite dishes.
- Do you allow your mother to watch her favourite TV serial/programme?
Yes, I give television remote to my mother if she asks for it. I try to adjust myself.
- Do you clean your study table?
Yes, I clean my study table.
- Do you study at home?
Yes, I study at home. I read different subjects. I complete my homework. I do math practices regularly.
- Do you fight with your brother/sister while doing study?
No, I do not fight with my brother/sister while doing study.
- Do you give respect to the guest?
Yes, I always welcome guest at home. I give them proper respect. We do not fight with brother and sister before the guest. We should not show stubborn behaviour before the guest.
Open the door and invite the guests in, smile and be welcoming
- Do you share favourite food items with your brother and sister?
Yes, I share my favourite food with my brother and sister.
- Do you eat healthy food at home?
Yes, I eat healthy food at home. Sometimes I eat Maggie.
- Do you like to drink milk?
Yes, I like to drink milk.
- Do you eat fruits?
We eat fruits. I.e. mango, apple, guava and some seasonal fruits. Fruits are healthy.
- Do you brush your teeth before sleeping?
Yes, I brush my teeth before sleeping.
- Do you wish “good night” to one and all in the family?
Yes, I always wish “good night” to one and all in the family.
- Do you sleep at 10.00PM in the night?
Yes, I always go to bed at 10.00PM in the night.
Learning is a difficult activity. Learning happens with practices. So, ensure learning in classroom by providing ample opportunities for the learners to learn in a playful manner.
Objective of this English Speaking through Good Manner Curriculum: –
- Provides opportunity for the learner to learn Good Manner
- Good manner helps a child to become a good human being
- Children are curious to learn good manners
- Instil good manner among children in a play way method
Task Time: – Educator will conduct this English Speaking Activity in Zero Period/Proxy Period
How to Conduct this Activity:-
- Always conduct this activity through pair work
- Two students will practice these manners at a time. It will be in the form of question answer.
- Feel free to change the partner at practice time (so that child will not accustomed with same student every time)
Teaching Techniques: – Drilling/Practice/Acting /Role Play
Role of a teacher: –
- Be a facilitator. Guide your student to speak each and every word in a lucid and audible voice.
- Ask your learner to maintain proper pace (Neither too slow not too fast)
- Encourage your learner to speak in a complete phrase
- Feel free to include new manners in each and every section so that next time we can improve this questionnaire!
- Check sentence pattern, grammar and spelling of this questionnaire and amend it if it is logical to edit it.